ISCOS’ Budget is prepared by the Secretary General and faired by the Technical Committee on Finance and Administration which is constituted by Finance and Budget Experts from the Member States. The draft budget is approved by the Assembly (Council of Ministers) on recommendation of the Coordination Committee. The total appropriation is divided equally among the four Member States, who service their budget quotas either through direct exchequer remittance, service charge, or by use of any other appropriate means.
The Organization’s activities also attract financial support from Development Partners who continue to partner with ISCOS on various programmes, especially in carrying out research on topical areas, sensitization programmes, and many other trade facilitation initiatives.
PROGRAMMES AND ACTIVITIES.
The Directory of Finance and Administration carries out the following Programes and Activities
- Coordinating the preparation of budgets and work programmes, advising on budget implementation strategies, administration and control.
- Developing and coordinating the implementation of financial and administrative strategies and policies of the organization.
- Preparation of periodical and annual financial and management statements, reports and accounts
- Coordinating audits
- Coordinating resource mobilization strategies and Initiatives
- Managing ISCOS events, meetings and workshops
- Developing Human Resource Strategies, coordinating staff welfare matters and initiatives,
- Coordinating procurement matters.
- Ensuring the Organization’s compliance with the relevant statutory requirements.
Management of donor funding and preparation of donor fund reports and statements.