ISCOS’s Mandate, Vision, Mission & Core Values
To facilitate international trade in shipping by:
- Promoting the development of maritime, inland water ways and other inter modal transport systems and practices; public and private sector investments; Efficient Logistics and competitive shipping services.
- Undertaking industry research, and strengthening and promoting the establishment of Shippers Councils through capacity building.
- Advocating for maritime safety, security, and environmental protection.
- Advocating for policy harmonization and implementation of International and regional maritime agreements and conventions by members.
“Africa’s centre of excellence for shipping and maritime matters”
To promote and advocate for efficient and competitive shipping and maritime services in Eastern, Central and Southern Africa
Our Core Values
ISCOS shall be guided by the following core values (Acronym: PECITI) in all its operations;
- Professionalism- Observing ISCOS’ establishing Protocol and Transformative report, codes of conduct and using skills proficiently when offering services.
- Equity and Diversity-Fairness and inclusiveness at the work place
- Collaboration and Engagement-Commitment to working together with strategic partners and our stakeholders
- Integrity, Transparency& Accountability– Honesty, openness, ethical and a sense of responsibility in our daily undertakings
- Teamwork– Synergy through supporting and working together amongst staff.
- Innovation-Introducing and developing new ideas to enable organisation’s growth